Thursday, September 2, 2010

Writing because I can

The approach of autumn usually makes me happy. The fact that we have a tropical storm warning over our heads would usually just make me smile more. Not happening right now, though. Type O Negative's Green Man off October Rust is playing, and I think it's only contributing to my foul mood.

I finished the scarf I wrote about in Ribbon! and I'm on to the second skein that I bought on that trip. Same pattern, as you can see here.

What is not clear are the colors - dark blue with a dark, almost olive green almost climbing diagonally up the fabric.

This scarf will be mine, unless someone near and dear to me can make a strong enough case for me to hand it over. That's very unlikely to happen, though. I love these colors entirely too much to give this up.

Now iTunes has progressed to No Home Without Its Sire off Peter Murphy's Dust. That would be "its," minus the apostrophe.

I have been unpacking, again. The construction I've had to deal with is over and done. It feels as if I just moved in, again, though. I'm hoping to make good use of the three-day weekend to knock out most of what's left and perhaps I can even begin hanging pictures. What a difference that will make on my blank walls.

No comments: