Thursday, August 12, 2010

Morning coffee thoughts with a side of rain

It's raining. I've got Always Look at the Bright Side of Life off official cast recording of Spamalot playing on my iTunes and a decent cup of coffee in short reach. I'm thinking about what I have to do today, and the most interesting bits have nothing to do with work.

But interesting isn't always good.



Have you ever set events in motion to the point where you know exactly when that snowball is going to crash at the bottom of the hill? I can't say exactly how spectacular that crash is going to be, but I'm getting the popcorn ready regardless.

Ah, so now the live version of Action by the Rollins Band is playing. Still appropriate for my mood, which I would describe as "unsettled." I might laugh, I might cry, or I might punch someone in the face...and a really good candidate for the latter is standing right outside my office. Hmmm...

Nope, I'll just continue to sit here, sipping my coffee, typing. Violence isn't the answer. Besides, karma gets there eventually, so I don't have to do a thing.

Peter Murphy's I'll Fall With Your Knife is now playing. Amazing how iTunes seems to know exactly what to play and when. It's almost as intuitive as Pandora Radio.

Where's the tea? Where's the scandal? The scandal today will only come if I punch that person and end up without a job and in jail. The tea will happen after my coffee is gone and I make myself a cup of Earl Grey. So the tea is definitely going to happen. Scandal is going to have to wait.

No comments: